This Episode 2.5: The Business Plan video also includes:
Sometimes helping communities after a natural disaster requires a solution of monstrous proportions! The fifth episode in a seven-part shows scholars how the Problem Solvers rise above climbing waters by enlisting the help of monster truck drivers to deliver their pop-up school kits across the area. Viewers watch as the teens persevere by being organized, creative, and determined.
- Brainstorm other transportation options with the class, such as air boats or jet skis
- Have individuals identify which character contributes the most to the business plan, and why
- Ensure learners understand why enlisting the help of the monster truck drivers was a win-win for everyone involved, as this is not presented clearly in the episode
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The video presents a creative way to teach students about helping others, working together, and thinking through problems
- Humorous scenes keep the mood light despite the recent hurricane