This Episode 3: Equilibrium video also includes:
Does the economy ever achieve a perfect balance? Scholars analyze how the market balances itself with supply and demand. The third episode in a 10-part video series on economics focuses on consumer demand and its impact on overall prices of goods and services. Scholars investigate the concept of market equilibrium where a perfect balance of supply and demand are met.
- Have the class stand, close their eyes, and tilt backwards to see if they have proper equilibrium as a preview of the concept
- Extend the lesson with a short reading along with graphs and charts on market equilibrium
- Lesson designed for grades 8-12 and beyond
- Video is also available in podcast form for differentiated instruction
- Lesson includes a written transcript of the video for teacher use