This Episode 4: The Labor Market video also includes:
How much are your skills worth in the labor market? Young historians research how people sell their skills to an employer for a certain price, just like a good or product. They discuss what exactly helps someone market themselves to convince a company to invest in their services. In the end, they come to understand that people do indeed sell themselves in the marketplace!
- Assign a short reading on the labor market as a preview to the video lesson
- Create a series of questions for viewers to answer during the video
- Students must have online access if assigning the video lesson as homework
- Episode four of a 10-part playlist exploring economics
- Video lesson provides differentiated instruction for audio and visual learners
- Resource includes teacher materials at Econ Lowdown web page