This Equal and Opposite Thrust in Aircraft: You're a Pushover! activities & project also includes:
It's the law—every action requires a reaction, no matter how small. Pupils experience two demonstrations of Newton's third law of motion as it relates to thrust in the 10th segment of a 22-part unit on flight. Using their mathematical skills, learners solve for missing values in the equation form of Newton's third law.
- Show a video of Newton's third law in action
- Assumes students know about mass
- Needs space along a wall to line up class members
- Contains ideas for extensions
- Provides suggestions for assessments