This Equal Differences Over Equal Intervals 2 lesson plan also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
Your algebra learners explore linear functions concretely using tables of values in a collaborative task. The idea that linear function values change by equal differences over equal intervals, is emphasized. The slope and y-intercept become evident in the patterns developed in the tables and in the equations.
- Learners need to be comfortable with the concepts of delta x and delta y
- Pupils may need more concrete practice like in part c before they are ready to progress to writing the abstract form
- Includes very detailed description of the solution
- Helpful commentary for the teacher