Explore the meaning of equivalent fractions. A video instructor shows the process of creating equivalent fractions both visually and mathematically. After explaining how to create equivalent fractions from the most simple form, she reverses the process to relate to simplifying fractions.
- Pause the video after the visual representations and ask learners to practice writing equivalent fractions by drawing a visual or using manipulatives
- Post the video as a homework resource
- Requires a basic understanding of fractional representations
- Uses visuals to demonstrate the concept of equivalent fractions
- Uses the older terminology of reducing and canceling, which is now usually referred to as simplifying