Planning and preparing for natural disasters is possible and necessary. A video lesson begins with a description of natural hazards in relation to natural disasters. Using specific examples, the instructor shares strategies for preparing for the hazards and limiting their impact.
- Borrow examples from the lesson to incorporate in lesson presentations
- Watch the video to help plan a vertical alignment within the district curriculum
- Presents the information as a resource for teachers to plan for instruction
- Examples shown in the video are an important reminder of the essential learning required for the standard
- The resource shows how expectations build within the standard throughout elementary and secondary classes