Make connections with linear algebra. The video introduces the concept of linear algebra and its geometric underpinnings. The resource makes the case that a complete understanding of linear algebra topics should include geometric understandings, computations, and uses. The presentation is the first of a series of 15.
- Use at the beginning of a Linear Algebra class
- Take a typical algebra topic and show its geometric representation, such as transformations of graphs of functions
- Class should be familiar with the terms vector, sine, and series
- The formula for the determinant given in the animation at :30 is not correct
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Contains closed captioning
- Includes animations to keep the viewers' attention