This Esters from Alcohols and Acids interactive also includes:
Fats and oils often contain esters, which sometimes find their way into perfumes due to their pleasant smells. Scholars match the name of esters made from four different types of alcohol and four different types of carboxylic acids. Three gridlock puzzles use logic skills while reviewing the data table of esters.
- Use the puzzles as a review before a test
- Assumes solid understanding of naming esters from alcohols and acids
- Relies on knowledge of how to solve Sudoku-style puzzles
- Works well in traditional or flipped classrooms
- The option to use paper or online version allows for differentiation