This Estimating Volume: The Money Munchers lesson plan also includes:
Don't stuff money under your mattress. To find out why learners first complete a task determining how $24,000 in cash would affect the height of a mattress and whether this same amount would fit into a suitcase of given dimensions. They then evaluate provided sample responses to the same task.
- Use the lesson to reinforce estimation and geometry concepts
- Learners should have access to calculators
- Activity requires sheets of poster paper
- Includes projector resources that can be used with a variety of devices (overhead, SmartBoard, etc.)
- Provides questions and prompts to correct common issues
- Somewhat nonrealistic context