This Euler’s Number, e lesson plan also includes:
Scholars model the height of water in a container with an exponential function and apply average rates of change to this function. The main attraction of the lesson is the discovery of Euler's number.
5 Views 4 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Group pupils into pairs for the lesson allowing the instructor to monitor progress more efficiently
- Builds on previous lessons in the module
- Learners need to have an intuitive understanding of limits of a sequence and average rates of a function
- The sixth installment of a 35-part module.
- Scholars investigate and discover Euler's number rather than being told its value and significance
- Includes links to both Vimeo and YouTube videos modeling the classwork activity