This Evaluating and Simplifying Expressions lesson plan also includes:
Discover how algebra tiles help evaluate expressions. Scholars learn to use algebra tiles to substitute values in for variables and evaluate expressions. The included worksheet contains a set of evaluation problems to assess individuals' understanding of the concepts.
- Use the resource with learners who are struggling to evaluate expressions
- Lesson requires algebra tiles
- Individuals should be aware of how to deal with negatives using algebra tiles (creating zero pairs)
- Worksheet has frames for pupils to draw algebra tile models
- Does not connect algebra tiles to abstract methods