This Evaluating Reports Based on Data from a Sample lesson plan also includes:
Statistics can be manipulated to say what you want them to say. Teach your classes to be wise consumers and sort through the bias in those reports. Young statisticians study different statistical reports and analyze them for misleading information.
- Ask learners to collect examples of statistics in the media
- Have pupils create a biased and unbiased report of mock data
- Problems require a significant amount of reading and may be difficult for English learners or struggling readers
- The 22nd lesson in a series of 30
- Includes an opening and closing exercise with a detailed answer key
- Questions encourage learners to think analytically