This Evaluating Statements About Enlargements lesson plan also includes:
Double, toil ,and double linear dimensions. Learners first complete an assessment investigating how doubling linear dimensions affects the area of pizzas and the volume of popcorn containers. They then complete an activity investigating statements of the effect of doubling linear dimensions on geometric shapes.
- Use as an investigation activity
- Learners should have access to calculators
- Lesson can be split over two class periods; see teacher guide on how to accomplish this extension
- Provides formula sheet to use with this lesson and for other lessons on geometry
- Includes solutions and explanations in teacher guide