Did you know the state drink of Indiana is ... water? Scholars use a short video to better understand each of the 50 states in the US. They quickly tour the nation identifying characteristics that make each state unique. The clip creates active discussion on items such as the geographic center of the nation all the way to the world's smallest park in Portland, Oregon.
- Create a series of questions for students to answer while watching the video clip
- Extend the lesson with a map exercise on the states of the US
- Individuals must have online access if assigning the video as homework
- Visual learners benefit from animation in video
- Lesson provides supplemental material on all 50 states for teacher use