Bird is the word! Young biologists discover how the tiny finch changed the way scientists viewed evolution and changes in species using a fascinating video from Fuse School's Evolution playlist. The narrator describes Darwin's journey to the Galapagos Islands, his observations of the finch species there, and the development of the theory of natural selection.
- Show the resource as an opener for your natural selection unit
- Dig deeper by launching a study of all 13 finch species discovered in the Galapagos Islands
- Students should be familiar with animal adaptations
- The video is brief but full of good details
- Illustrations allow viewers to compare the characteristics of the different finch species