I so hope you'll learn about isotopes. Watch a video to understand that isotopes of an element have the same number of protons but different numbers of neutrons. Then solidify the knowledge by examining examples of hydrogen, carbon, and oxygen isotopes.
- Use the video to introduce isotopes
- Have learners draw atomic models of some of the examples to compare/contrast isotopes
- Viewers should already be familiar with basic atomic structure
- Video connects isotopes to other content, such as using C-14 for dating and using O-18/O-16 ratios to estimate paleotemperatures
- Speaker does not reference half of the examples shown on the video screen