This Exercising in Space lesson plan also includes:
Using the CEVIS space bike as a context, groups work together to calculate the settings required for astronauts to reach their necessary exercise. Pupils calculate the prescribed exercise settings and complete the last section, which can serve as an independent evaluation of pupil understanding.
- Review how a proportional equation y = kx can be solved for k
- Determine equations of a variety of proportional tables
- The term constant of variation may be unfamiliar to the class; it is the same thing as constant of proportionality
- Provides a different context that is of a proportional nature
- Answer keys provide the calculation necessary to arrive at the answers
- Uses terms that would be unfamiliar to pupils taught using CCSS