This Expedition: Insects ebook also includes:
Get up close and personal with beautiful and sometimes dangerous insects in an exciting eBook activity! Pupils practice geography skills by reading a map with the location of six different insects. Scientists read about each insect, including its survival adaptations and habitat threats, in an illustrated eBook. Biologists engage with each insect by coloring detailed sketches after completing the text.
- Have young biologists choose an insect to research and create a page modeled on the eBook
- Plan a trip to an insectarium or invite an entomologist to speak to class members
- Provide support for young and struggling readers
- Ensure access to dictionaries and translations software as needed
- Colorful illustrations captivate curious explorers
- Relevant content vocabulary is underlined for targeted group discussion