This Explore Cave Paintings in This 360° Animated Cave video also includes:
What do virtual reality and cave paintings have in common? Scholars ponder this question while examining a 360-degree-view video about 40,000 year old French cave paintings. Rich extension materials allow inquiry into deeper questions about humankind and its need for expression.
- Discuss the theories behind the meaning of cave art using information from the voice-over in the video
- Explore the additional resources and debate the role of art in studying history
- Learners need to create an account to fully access all materials
- Website is interactive and allows users to explore animated cave painting on their own
- Questions on discussion boards stimulate debate about the origin and nature of cave art
- The 360-degree feature is difficult to use and may frustrate some pupils