In 2006, about 20 percent of the world's electricity was generated from hydroelectric power. In the presentation, scholars review the water cycle and gravitational energy to begin to understand how humans harness the power of water. They explore a brief history of hydroelectric power in the United States and move on to the process of generating electricity from water, the advantages and disadvantages of it, its efficiency, and its environmental impacts.
- Presentation best fits in unit on different types of energy
- Add questions and discussion points every four to five slides to determine if learners are mastering the concepts
- Presentation includes high quality-images and diagrams
- Each slide includes notes for teachers to use as talking points
- This is not an interactive lesson therefore might might not hold learners' attention