Why Lesson Planet?
What can shadows tell us about the changing season? Over several months, astronomy learners record length and position of an outdoor object's shadow, such as a flagpole. They apply the data to a growing hypothesis and note the patterns they observe.
- Ideally the activity would take place throughout the entire school year and the data applied to a lesson on Earth's tilt
- One of a terrific five-part mini-unit called "Reasons for Seasons"
- The outline is well-written and a data sheet is included
- Hones observation and analysis skills
What Members Say
- Raven J., Social Studies Teacher
- Phoenix, AZ