This Exploring Variables While Testing and Improving Mint-Mobiles (for Middle School) activity & project also includes:
There are more ways to use mint candies than to just eat them. In groups, learners design and build race cars using mint candies, drinking straws, Popsicle sticks, index cards, and other materials. They decide on an independent variable and run tests to see how this variable affects the distance the car travels down a ramp.
- Use the investigating questions as journal prompts
- For older pupils, a high school version of the activity is available
- Knowledge of independent and dependent variables is necessary
- Provides a student worksheet
- Gives detailed instructions, including pictures of examples