This Exponential Decay Exploration lesson plan also includes:
How can you model exponential decay? Explore different situations involving exponential decay functions and decreasing linear functions by performing activities with MandM candy, popcorn kernels, and number cubes.
6 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Use this activity to introduce exponential decay after a lesson on exponential growth
- The task assumes that students can use a graphing calculator to create a scatter plot
- A large volume of materials is necessary
- A student data collection sheet is included with the resource
- Inconsistent use of language, such as referring to each iteration as a "throw" or as a "toss"
- Data collection table indicates 200 as original number of objects in the cup, but this can be impractical for some of the objects (such as number cubes)