This Express Yourself Lesson Seed 18: Investigate activity & project also includes:
- Graphic Organizer
- Join to access all included materials
Prepare your class for argumentative writing with a close inspection of the controversy surrounding Theodore Taylor's novel, The Cay. All necessary articles and materials are linked at the beginning of the resource. Kids use the provided graphic organizers to gather evidence and details from each source. After completing the notes, class members come up with a claim that ties together the findings from their investigation and their understanding of the First Amendment.
- Includes links to the articles pupils are asked to examine and graphic organizer samples that will help learners put it all together
- A complex task that requires pupils to take the first step toward argumentiative writing
- Lacking some detail since it was designed as a lesson idea rather than a full plan
- The word draft is written through each page; copy and paste the graphic organizers into another document before printing.