This Expressing Ideas activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Before a child can write in detail, he/she needs to be able to identify what the details are. To build an understanding of how to add or express details in describing an object, place, or person, learners match the detail cards to the images they describe. The activity would be good to use during whole-group instruction or as an example as to how details could be used in building a sentence. Tip: Have children choose an image card and then come up with three ways to describe the image on their own.
- Contains picture cards that can be used in different ways
- Addresses Common Core standards
- Detail cards can be removed to build independent expression
- Does not promote independent expression or creative thinking