Start a 10-Day Free Trial to Unlock the Full Review
Why Lesson Planet?
Find quality lesson planning resources, fast!
Share & remix collections to collaborate.
Organize your curriculum with collections. Easy!
Have time to be more creative & energetic with your students!
Workout buddies aren't just for adults! Learners discuss the benefits of 60 minutes of physical activity each day and generate ideas for how they can accomplish this by working toward a goal with friends.
154 Views 75 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Collaborate with a physical education teacher on ways to improve this group activity
- Have the PE instructor come in to discuss the physical health benefits of 60 minutes of activity and its effect on energy levels, body composition, the presence of illness and disease, etc.
- As an alternative, have learners attempt to complete 60 minutes a day of activity for a week by themselves. Then, arrange learners in groups or partners the following week to complete the same task and ask them to compare and contrast the two weeks
- Includes student activity log (see additional materials)
- Simple activity steps that can be carried out quickly