This Faces of Citizenship: Jury Duty lesson plan also includes:
An interesting middle school lesson plan focuses on the rights and responsibilities of citizens. Academics choose a civic project to complete, such as an oral history or photo essay. They then conduct interviews with members of the community and research the role of citizenship to gather information for their final projects.
- Arrange for a local city council member to speak to students regarding the role of citizens in democracy
- Show video clips on the subject of the rights and responsibilities of citizens
- Requires additional resources for pupils to complete their projects
- Includes extended service learning opportunities
- Allows scholars to guide their own learning