How many legs do spiders have? Is that an opinion, or is it a fact? Complete a worksheet with four sets of five questions about different animals and their attributes, noting whether each statement is a fact or an opinion.
47 Views 48 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Incorporate the activity into your unit on animals and their characteristics
- Have small groups research specific animals, and try a jigsaw activity in which they share what they've learned with their peers in order to fill out the questions
- Use as a Back to School activity in which learners fill in as much as they know and speak to their peers to find out the rest
- Most helpful when used in a unit about fact and opinion in informational text
- A helpful way to teach fact and opinion
- Comes with an answer key for easy assessment