This Factor Polynomials Using Special Products: Difference of Two Squares interactive also includes:
Factoring patterns are not magic! Show your classes how to model the difference of two squares' factors using an area model. Learners manipulate the width and length of two squares to represent the polynomial a^2-b^2. They use the model to build the factors (a+b)(a-b).
- Work through the interactive as a class to ensure pupils make the right connections
- Must create a free CK-12 to access interactive materials
- Requires a strong understanding of area and area models
- Provides hints within the interactive challenge questions
- Includes background information as a link within the interactive component