Fairy rings, elf rings, and witch rings all sound magical, but they can easily be explained by science with a video that connects the dots, or lines in this case, describing the process that is happening beneath the grass. The rings appear in many countries and various climates and don't all have the same cause.
- Show photos of fairy rings in many different locations
- Research why they grow in circles
- Be aware YouTube comments are open to the public and aren't always appropriate for use in the classroom
- Provides closed captioning for ease of note taking
- Includes connections to fairies, portals, and the underworld, which holds viewers' attention