This Family Time: Extra Support Lessons (Theme 5) unit also includes:
Provide extra support with a unit that follows a teach, blend, guided practice, and practice/apply routine to reinforce reading, grammar, vocabulary, and writing skills. Reading and writing lessons include supporting details, story elements, following directions, high frequency words, and paragraph writing. Grammar and vocabulary instruction focuses on word endings, multi-syllabic words, verbs and their tenses, contractions, prefixes, blending phonemes, and silent consonants.
- Conduct lessons as small group English language arts center rotations
- Send worksheets home for additional practice outside the classroom
- The unit is the final of three series created by Houghton Mifflin designed to accompany their English language arts curriculum
- Some curriculum-specific materials are not included, but the lessons associated with them can still be implemented with modifications
- Worksheets with answers are shown on the corresponding lesson page for quick reference
- The unit is written in detail and has a clear organizational pattern which makes implementation easy