This Far From Home lesson plan also includes:
A timely and provocative lesson inspires high schoolers to tackle the Syrian refugee crisis. They analyze a compelling photo essay before discussing and writing about it.
33 Views 21 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Have class members compare the refugee acceptance policies of different countries today
- Assign small groups to read, summarize, and lead a discussion on one of the resources linked at the bottom of the lesson plan
- Uses a photo essay as its anchor source
- Fantastic discussion questions and writing prompts allow critical thinkers to reflect on the refugee crisis and the ways images express ideas differently than texts
- Includes helpful links for background information