Curated and Reviewed by Lesson Planet
What kinds of birds are common in the area? Young scientists use household supplies to create bird feeders. They then document the birds that come to their feeders by keeping journals.
10 Views 9 Downloads NGSS: Adaptable
- Have pupils place feeders in different locations and map associated bird feeders
- Provide bird identification guides or use an online resource such as All About Birds to assist with identifying bird species
- Collect milk containers in advance of the activity
- Provides step-by-step instructions
- Offers ideas for modifications