This Feelings and Emotions unit also includes:
The focus of the second in a 10-session course on Social, Physical, Emotional, Cognitive and Spiritual (SPECS) health is on learning to express and manage feelings appropriately. Class members learn different ways of identifying, coping with, and expressing difficult feelings.
- Many of the worksheets and the journal are used in multiple sessions and multiple years; therefore, have class members create a special folder for these materials and have them bring this folder to each class session
- The series presumes that a protocol has been established that permits a safe and respectful discussion of highly-charged issues
- The series revisits lessons from the previous years and requires class members to use information sheets provided in those courses
- The 12-page packet includes directions for instructors, activities, a presentation, sentence frames for "I" statements, and relaxation and role-playing exercises
- The labeling of the handouts may prove confusing since they have both a resource number and an activity number