This Festivals: Learning for Life and Work unit also includes:
How do different communities celebrate special occasions? After researching celebrations in their countries, class members investigate other festivals like those associated with Ramadan, Diwali, Chinese New Year, Halloween, Easter, Christmas, etc.
93 Views 39 Downloads
- Have groups investigate different festivals and develop presentations of their findings during a celebrations week or celebrate one each month
- Most of the worksheets and game cards require color printing
- Although the activities could be adapted to any grade level, they are most appropriate for elementary classrooms
- The 81-page packet includes celebration recipes, art ideas, worksheets, and games for each festival
- The skill tabs are color coded to indicate those that are cross curricular and that that are thinking and personal capabilities skills