Learn about the center of mass and projectiles by examining the movement of Olympic figure skaters! Physics and skating fans will be delighted as they watch super athletes perform unbelievable feats. Arrows and text appear to highlight direction and velocity, a narrative voice explains the concepts, and upbeat skating music plays in the background of this top-notch video. Use it when you are teaching mechanics to beginning physicists, or simply show it in any physics class to inspire the class to learn more and to demonstrate how this branch of science applies to sports.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Top-quality videography and computer graphics
- High-interest topic makes physics come alive
- Narrator's voice, lively music, and fascinating footage make the film riveting
- Can be used to support Next Generation Science Standards and the Common Core
- Use as part of your coverage of the Sochi Winter Olympics