Next time you're at a pool, consider how to calculate its area. Given the dimensions of a rectangular pool and the dimensions of a deck surrounding the pool as algebraic expressions, young mathematicians see how to calculate the areas. They watch an educational video that describes the necessary process.
- Provide the video to learners struggling with multiplication of binomials in a real-world context
- Pupils should be familiar with FOIL or the distributive property
- Requires knowledge of combining like terms
- Shows all of the required work
- Diagram helps make the context easy to comprehend