This Finding the Distance Between Two Points: Lesson video also includes:
Point out an application of Pythagoras. The segment of an essential playlist on geometry provides a quick review of the Pythagorean Theorem. Using a right triangle to show the positions of two points, the presenter calculates the distance between the points by finding the length of the hypotenuse.
- Derive the distance formula from the Pythagorean Theorem
- The class should be familiar with the Pythagorean Theorem
- Individuals must know how to estimate square roots
- Contains the worked examples
- Provides a link to other distance videos and problem sets