This Finding the Slope of a Line from a Graph video also includes:
Slope is the steepness of a line, but how do you quantify steepness? A video demonstrates how to find the slope of a line from a graph, either by counting vertical and horizontal change or by using the slope formula. Five problem videos cover examples with worked-out solutions.
- Skip problems 4 and 5, as they repeat information in earlier videos
- Use the video with learners struggling with finding the slope of a line from a graph
- Make sure to watch problem 3, as viewers do not encounter the case of zero slope and undefined slope until this video
- Use of non-mathematical language, such as "this guy" when indicating a point, makes the video relatable but less academic
- Clear and well-paced explanations
- Problems lead to concepts such as the fact that the slope of a line is the same no matter what points pupils use for calculations