The First Amendment Overview video delves into examples of citizen's rights. Young academics learn how First Amendment rights have been protected in real-life examples. The video also explains that the rights laid out in the Amendment have not always been protected and outlines why it is important to fight for those rights.
- Compare and contrast rulings of Supreme Court cases involving First Amendment rights
- Have learners create classroom rights based on the Bill of Rights
- Resource is part of the Constitution Hall Pass Series
- Video uses Supreme Court cases to highlight how the First Amendment has been interpreted over time
- The resource is a good introduction to the Bill of Rights