This Fish Shape lesson plan also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
A fish's size, fins, and shape can tell us a lot about them! Learners explore fish anatomy to see how species use camouflage, scales, shape, and coloration to survive. The lesson includes advanced vocabulary such as fusiform shape, lateral and pectoral fins, and ganoid scales (along with others). The class uses reference charts and sheets to conduct a fish interview and write animal poetry. There is also a fish anatomy diagram worksheet included.
- Use the Fish Anatomy reference sheet (Student Information Sheet 2) to analyze photographs of fish. What can learners deduce from just a visual?
- The lesson refers to "fishes", which most students will consider grammatically incorrect. However, in biology "fishes" is the correct term to reference different fish species
- You will have to create a project handout for the fish interview and animal poetry
- Fish anatomy diagram includes answer key
- Easy-to-follow instructions