Scientists have been studying the surface of Mars for many years ... it's time to know a little something about its interior, too. The Mars Insight launched in November 2018 on a mission to study the happenings inside the most studied planet in our solar system (besides Earth, of course). A video presentation explains the intent of the new mission, as well as the insight scientists hope to gain from temperature, magnetic field, and seismic data.
- Have learners first watch the lesson and then research current data
- Compare and contrast the mission of the Mars Insight to other vehicles sent to the red planet
- Expects an understanding of the structure of Earth's layers to compare to Mars
- Includes a link to watch the live landing of Mars Insight
- Provides an option for closed captioning to aid in note taking