Talking in front of others can be intimidating, especially when you aren't speaking in your native language. Put your English language learners at ease before a class presentation. They can follow these tips to give relaxed and effective speeches and oral presentations.
- Go over the tips as a class and demonstrate when appropriate; have learners circle and underline the most important points
- Have learners keep these tips in their binders or notebooks for easy reference
- There aren't actually any activities provided here, just tips for students to consider when presenting in front of the class
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides a nice set of useful tips for presenting
- Many of the tips are written in fairly large blocks of text, which may be difficult for English language learners to decipher