This Flashing Neon Light interactive also includes:
How does a neon light work and does it actually contain the gas neon? An enlightening simulation encourages pupils to play with circuits and neon lights. They control the capacitance, resistance, and color of the bulb, and the simulation displays graphs of the stored energy and potential energy as the neon lights flash.
- Observe a neon sign and notice if the colors are connected or individual
- Must create a free CK-12 account to access the interactive
- Assumes prior knowledge of mu, energy, and resistance
- Video walk-through explains the concepts clearly
- Includes in-simulation challenge questions that encourage higher level thinking