This Floaters and Sinkers lesson plan also includes:
Whatever floats your boat. Young engineers learn about density by measuring the masses and volumes of boxes filled with different materials. Using their knowledge of densities, they hypothesize whether objects with given densities will float or sink when placed in water. This is the first of five lessons in the Floats and Sinkers unit.
- Challenge learners to find the densest material in the school building or classroom
- Note that there is an associated activity with the lesson
- Pupils should be able to determine volume of prisms
- Lists some assessment options
- Provides a very detailed lesson guide and background information for instructors