This Floating Garden Challenge activity & project also includes:
Climate change is affecting communities living in riverside areas by flooding land where crops used to grow. Using an array of instructional materials provided in this resource, you will have the opportunity to task your critical thinkers and young engineers to design and build a model of a structure that farmers could grow their crops on despite intensified flooding.
- Spend some time delving deeper into the issue of why climate change is impacting both flooding and drought around the world at the conclusion of this project
- This is an excellent cross-curricular project to pursue between engineering, social studies or social justice, and environmental courses
- Will require extra time to prepare materials, outline project and timeline, design rubrics, etc.
- Engaging, hands-on, project-based learning opportunity
- Instructor notes provided on each slide of PowerPoint presentation
- All activity materials included