This Fluids: Force in Fluids unit also includes:
Discuss Archimedes' Principle and fluid forces with your young scientists as they describe the relationship between mass, volume, and density during a series of engaging activities. They use the Participle Theory of Matter to explore the density of solids, liquids, and gases while they explain the effects of changes in temperature on each of these and the results that occur. The lesson concludes with a group discussion on mass and fluids, including their importance in our daily lives.
- Divide the class into small groups and have each group brainstorm ideas of things they use every day that sink and float; discuss the importance of this in relation to how it affects our lives
- Assist the class with any calculations needed, especially while completing activities and assessments
- Properly dispose of all materials used for activities after finishing the procedure
- Multiple activities allow the class to explore concepts from every angle so they can fully understand them
- Offers the opportunity to adapt for time management or expand for those who need additional information and experience