This Folk and Fairy Tale Readers: The Tortoise and the Hare printables & template also includes:
Slow and steady wins the race to fluent reading with this printable version of "The Tortoise and the Hare". Presenting children with fun illustrations and a repetitive story structure, this resource is perfect for developing the skills of emergent readers.
Perform a whole class read aloud of this story as part of a unit on Aesop's fables, afterward allowing students to:
- Practice reading the mini-book independently or in pairs as a learning center
- Take the book home to practice reading with their parents
- Book uses language appropriate for most primary learners
- Two additional versions of the book are available that allow pupils to write the text or draw the illustrations for the story
- A document is included that provides instructions for creating the mini-book