This resource also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Research how seasonal changes in Louisiana affect learners' lives and the folklife of their communities and the state. They investigate differences in the seasonal round in the regions of Louisiana, including celebrations, festivals, customs, crops, weather, music, and environmental changes through the year. Finally, students research a seasonal celebration or activity in depth, including fieldwork as well as research in books and on the Internet.
- Use in the context of a seasonal festival, including Mardi Gras, Kwanzaa, or the beginning of hunting or fishing season
- Based on the state of Louisiana, but applicable to other regions as well
- Includes all worksheets and auxiliary materials
- Aligned to both language arts and social studies standards